“I see you…I love you. I take you in.” ~Viola Davis
I believe we as women must see each other and recognize the wisdom, strength and tenacity in one another. I believe we must take each other in. The response that Viola Davis shared with the NY Times is so profound.
Let’s take each other “in”
Let’s recognize a woman who is doing great.
Let’s send massive amounts of love and support to one another.
NY Times Question: What did you and Taraji P. Henson, a fellow nominee in the drama category, say to each other when you won?
Viola Davis Answer: First of all, that was like the second or third time we hugged through the night. She said, “I love you,” and I said, “I love you more than anything in the world, I love you!” That’s what we said. I think at the end of the day, people want to be seen. And I think that’s why it was important for me and Taraji to acknowledge that in each other, to not just feel like it is competition, to just say, I see you, yes, I see you, too. I love you. I take you in.
Click here to read the full interview.
Lucinda Cross, an energetic teacher of personal and professional development, will be joining Paul C. Brunson to talk about how to create a powerful business through vision boards. If you can’t see where you are going, how will you get there?
Spreecast is the social video platform that connects people.
Check out #MentorMonday: Create A Power Vision on Spreecast.
Has an Activate event changed your life, business or mindset? Then it’s time you gave other women/men the same chance to be activated! Consider becoming a Activate Group Leader!
Anyone can be an Activate Group Leader! All it takes is a super cool personality, a person who loves gatherings, a heart to support and a desire to serve.
They are the ones who gather their BFF’s together, or their family, or their staff or VIP clients to the event. They are the ones who gather the people. A group consist of 8 or more, everyone involved will receive the group rate. Activate Group Leaders may also arrange transportation to/from the event, hotel roommates during the event, special swag bags, and more. That is optional.
- A theme that is relevant and purpose driven for business owners and career professionals. (Building Your Empire While Focusing On Family)
- We ensure that our event participants experience starts way before they even step through the door. (Social Media parties, live networking events, Q&A, ROI ideas)
- Our website, marketing literature is available & it clearly outlines what the
event is about and informs participants of the BENEFITS. (http://www.activateconference.com)
- We have been providing value added content via blogs, videos, post, etc. (posting travel discounts and flight alerts as low as $86 round trip)
- We are focused on making everyone feel welcome and included via pre-conference.
- We have taken out the time to listen to what our attendees want to see, hear and do. (frequent Q&A sessions)
- The agenda is designed to be highly interactive and really engage our audience. (Agenda is listed on conference site. Full agenda will be uploaded August 20th)
- Our main goal is to stick to the agenda …we understand that this is what people are expecting and have based their travel plans around.
- We understand that love is in the details so we are organizing a pre-conference rehearsal. (yep! Just like a wedding rehearsal. LOL)
- We have ordered special items to give participants something to remember their #Activate2K15Con experience. (lots of gifts and prizes)
- Sponsoring 50 Inner City Teens in Atlanta to be coached and mentored during the special Activate Youth program on Saturday Sept. 19th. (If you are interested in sponsoring a teen 13yr to 18yr email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We place God first, the spiritual perspective is important to the Activate Movement.
- We have special workshops for couples. (We don’t want the men to be excluded)
Hope to see you next month at the Activate Conference in Atlanta, Sept. 18th to the 20th at the Marriott Marquis. For more information visit http://www.activateconference.com
You know too much to turn back now. You’re on purpose, you answered the call, you said YES to your assignment. It’s too late…you are now in the Danger Zone. Dangerously on purpose, dangerously on fire, focused and dangerously free…It’s on now and there is nothing they can do about it. Say “it’s too late, I’m already here”? Lucinda Cross
One thing we all want is respect. We want others to believe in us and in what we do. In order to make the necessary shifts we must tune into our power. Many of us are on the wrong channel in our lives. We are on the Entertainment tonight channel when we should be tuned into the Discovery channel of our life.
This week I challenge you to Stand up and Speak up. Start with confronting any fears you have. Once you confront your fears then you can truly create the life you desire and that takes time.
Ask yourself this question… (more…)
I know what it’s like having a desire to attend a conference or function and your financial ends don’t meet. Some events I have attended have cost me up to $2500 just in ticket price so trust me I get it. Attending conferences and events can be the quickest way down Broke Lane. Even the early bird rates seem a bit much at times. I understand.
This year for Activate we are dedicating all sorts of specials to make it easier on the pockets. One thing I can say about being strategic about the conferences I wanted to attend in advance worked out 80% better than waiting till the last minute.
For example: If you plan on travelling to an event in the Fall get your flight and hotel in the Spring. If you plan on travelling to an event in the Winter get your flight and hotel by Summer the latest. This way you get a great rate and your focus is now getting your conference ticket. (more…)
During my trip to Dallas Texas to speak at a Teen Empowerment Conference: Ambush Your Dreams.
We talked, we laughed, and we laughed some more, then it happened…
A great coach can see the concern behind all the MAC and NARS. She says, “Lucinda what is going on?”
I tell her half of the concern.
“Bayo (my husband) wants to go to Essence Fest and I am not sure about going.” She said, “Why not?”
I begin to tell her about my deep desire to be a part of Essence Fest Empower U. I tell her all the great things that have transpired since the article release in January. I tell her about the snow ball effect with the media and how it only makes perfect sense to conclude my vision board tour in NOLA and bring my husband along. She begins to break it down about target, timing and season. She reminds me of how supportive my husband has been of my travels, ventures and media imposing in our homes and in our lives. She asked me why I would want to bring him to NOLA for more of that frenzy when it should be a time for having fun, networking and celebrating with him. She asked me again, why would I want to do a focused vision board workshop in a place designed for concerts, fun and unlimited drinks. Why would I think people would be focused on a vision board when they are there to hear their favorite artist perform, dance the night away and
attend the day parties? She informed me that Essence Fest may not be the place for me to conclude, maybe not this year and not this time.
She closed out by saying “take a chill pill, and go with your husband to Essence Fest for fun and be free.”
That moment of questions and reasoning took a huge weight off my back. I now ask you:
* What are you holding back from experiencing because you are not on the agenda?
* What opportunities are you missing out on because you are forgetting the “work hard, play hard rule?”
* When will you put down the business hat and pick up the “carpe diem” live life hat?
As the go-getter I am, I could have easily went down to NOLA and hosted my own event. I am getting emails from media and people who are asking if I am coming down to do vision boarding. What is more important to me is the time with my best friend, lover and supporter, just to be a part of the grand experience. I never been to Essence Fest before so why not enjoy the experience first.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 … 28 Next