You know too much to turn back now. You’re on purpose, you answered the call, you said YES to your assignment. It’s too late…you are now in the Danger Zone. Dangerously on purpose, dangerously on fire, focused and dangerously free…It’s on now and there is nothing they can do about it. Say “it’s too late, I’m already here”? Lucinda Cross
One thing we all want is respect. We want others to believe in us and in what we do. In order to make the necessary shifts we must tune into our power. Many of us are on the wrong channel in our lives. We are on the Entertainment tonight channel when we should be tuned into the Discovery channel of our life.
This week I challenge you to Stand up and Speak up. Start with confronting any fears you have. Once you confront your fears then you can truly create the life you desire and that takes time.
Ask yourself this question…
If I was to step up to the challenge of speaking up and standing up for myself or my beliefs (more money, better job, a better relationship, more pleasure, better health, more clients, public speaking) would it hurt, will I start to bleed, will it kill me?
Here is the bottom line. If it doesn’t kill you and your not bleeding, then whatever trial or challenge you face will push you forward to creating a better life, a better attitude, a better way of being and showing up in the world.
We all have something to Stand up and Speak up about; we all have a story to tell. For many of us, we’ve created a whole reality series that keeps us rooted in fear, resentment and stagnated. We refuse to exercise the power of speaking up and Standing up for who we are and what we believe in. Many of us end up doing the following:
- Doing things because we feel we had to, or because we couldn’t say no.
- Allowing our friends or associates abuse our generosity because we were playing the role of a people pleaser.
- Complaining all the time and not doing anything about it
- Hoping and wishing to be rescued, but not taking the first steps
- Putting our own needs last
- Making excuses for people and their behaviors or actions
- Not admitting we were wrong, and unable to take criticism
- Manipulating others to get what we want
- Hesitating to speak up
- Being defensive when confronted
- Calling ourselves names or allowing other people to call you names(crazy, silly, stupid)
- Denying our creativity or afraid to use it
- Emotional eating
- Drinking too much
- Refusing to exercise
Don’t suffer in silence this month. You are not weak you are strong, you are not inadequate you are more than capable, you are not boring, you are a pleasure to be around, you are not rejected, you are accepted for all the opportunities that align with your mission, you are not abandoned you are welcomed, you are not ridiculed, you are complimented.
Speak Up and Stand Up. I would love to read your thoughts on this post.
If you’re ready to Activate Your Life, join me at the Activate 2K15 Conference in Atlanta, Sept. 18th to the 20th. http://www.activateconference.com