#Activate2K17 Conference Closes With Finale But Opens Major Doors For Entrepreneurs!
Written by: Roz A. Gee, Huff Post Contributor
………….The caliber of speakers, presenters, vendors, entertainers were second-to-none. They each brought a unique edge that they owned. Although a surprising cold front hit the east coast on Friday, it didn’t stop the Activators from heating up the city with their passion, purpose and persistence. Lucinda brought in a number of special guests that represented marketplace and media icons such as BET, ESSENCE and HSN.
Personally, I thought it was both intriguing and unique that Activate invited HSN to participate in the grand finale. When I tell you, I witnessed firsthand the sheer excitement and exuberating joy of the beautiful African American faces when they were given possibly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pitch their product, marketplace idea or concept to decision-making executives of HSN. That’s major. The experience was like having an opportunity to appear on Shark Tank, without having to be sifted through thousands and thousands of applicants. No red tape. No hassle. Activate kicked this door wide open for their attendees. Although I covered media, I too, was allowed to pitch my marketplace concept to HSN, and received specific step-by-step instructions on what to do next. Stop the presses! This is one reason why so many attendees are still buzzing about Activate.
Read the full article here: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/5a0ee99be4b023121e0e91cd#
Activate Lunch and Earn!
Topic: Venue Negotiation Tips For Your Next Event
Finding a venue can be stressful and is oftentimes one of the biggest expenses in your event planning budget. Join me this afternoon for a few quick tips for negotiating according to your budget.
When we set out to achieve our goals and reach our milestones in life we can be sure on at least one thing – there will be difficult decisions that need to be addressed.
In fact, my #Activate rule of thumb states that if there are no difficult decisions on the table, then the milestone is minor and the goal is too small!
When it is time to make a decision in life we are placed in a position called POWER. We get a chance to choose what to do next and what happens next. Often our first reaction to the most difficult decisions is to “push it under the rug” but we all know that’s not productive.
The next response is often times to bully ourselves into stressful energy, but that never seems to work either. We’re much better off with the solution I call “Let It Flow.”
F- Free your mind and go into silence. Quiet the inner chatter so that the truth can speak.
L- Let go of the need to be right. Let go of the fear of being wrong, and the pride to have control. (more…)
Tonight we are going behind the scenes with Brandon Frame to discuss his journey to success and his connection to the Activate 2K16 Experience in September.
You can tune in right here if you don’t have access to Blab.im
The show starts at 9pm.
Tonight’s Hashtag is #BrandonFrameActivates
*Share this image to win some awesome surprises announced during the Blab.im
Lucinda Cross, an energetic teacher of personal and professional development, will be joining Paul C. Brunson to talk about how to create a powerful business through vision boards. If you can’t see where you are going, how will you get there?
Spreecast is the social video platform that connects people.
Check out #MentorMonday: Create A Power Vision on Spreecast.
Has an Activate event changed your life, business or mindset? Then it’s time you gave other women/men the same chance to be activated! Consider becoming a Activate Group Leader!
Anyone can be an Activate Group Leader! All it takes is a super cool personality, a person who loves gatherings, a heart to support and a desire to serve.
They are the ones who gather their BFF’s together, or their family, or their staff or VIP clients to the event. They are the ones who gather the people. A group consist of 8 or more, everyone involved will receive the group rate. Activate Group Leaders may also arrange transportation to/from the event, hotel roommates during the event, special swag bags, and more. That is optional.
Special shout out to S. Monique Smith from Known As Monique Foundation who has coordinated groups of 40 and more by the bus loads from the DMV area to attend the past Activate conferences. (more…)
- A theme that is relevant and purpose driven for business owners and career professionals. (Building Your Empire While Focusing On Family)
- We ensure that our event participants experience starts way before they even step through the door. (Social Media parties, live networking events, Q&A, ROI ideas)
- Our website, marketing literature is available & it clearly outlines what the
event is about and informs participants of the BENEFITS. (http://www.activateconference.com)
- We have been providing value added content via blogs, videos, post, etc. (posting travel discounts and flight alerts as low as $86 round trip)
- We are focused on making everyone feel welcome and included via pre-conference.
- We have taken out the time to listen to what our attendees want to see, hear and do. (frequent Q&A sessions)
- The agenda is designed to be highly interactive and really engage our audience. (Agenda is listed on conference site. Full agenda will be uploaded August 20th)
- Our main goal is to stick to the agenda …we understand that this is what people are expecting and have based their travel plans around.
- We understand that love is in the details so we are organizing a pre-conference rehearsal. (yep! Just like a wedding rehearsal. LOL)
- We have ordered special items to give participants something to remember their #Activate2K15Con experience. (lots of gifts and prizes)
- Sponsoring 50 Inner City Teens in Atlanta to be coached and mentored during the special Activate Youth program on Saturday Sept. 19th. (If you are interested in sponsoring a teen 13yr to 18yr email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We place God first, the spiritual perspective is important to the Activate Movement.
- We have special workshops for couples. (We don’t want the men to be excluded)
Hope to see you next month at the Activate Conference in Atlanta, Sept. 18th to the 20th at the Marriott Marquis. For more information visit http://www.activateconference.com
I know what it’s like having a desire to attend a conference or function and your financial ends don’t meet. Some events I have attended have cost me up to $2500 just in ticket price so trust me I get it. Attending conferences and events can be the quickest way down Broke Lane. Even the early bird rates seem a bit much at times. I understand.
This year for Activate we are dedicating all sorts of specials to make it easier on the pockets. One thing I can say about being strategic about the conferences I wanted to attend in advance worked out 80% better than waiting till the last minute.
For example: If you plan on travelling to an event in the Fall get your flight and hotel in the Spring. If you plan on travelling to an event in the Winter get your flight and hotel by Summer the latest. This way you get a great rate and your focus is now getting your conference ticket. (more…)